Community Administrator / Founder
- Dec 25, 2016
Welcome to Davidscloud!
How it works:
Davidscloud.net is a gaming community, and as such, we believe in fostering a positive gaming experience in all of the games we actively support. That means there are some rules we ask all members to follow. As a warning, just because something isn't listed here doesn't mean that it's allowed, and this list will be updated accordingly as the games get added or change. We expect good sportsmanship among our members; we are all here to have fun together after all. Use your best judgment when conducting yourself on our servers, and if you have questions, consult an admin. Feel free to suggest rule modifications or changes if you think it's needed.
How it works:
Davidscloud operates on a three-strike system. Violating any of the rules found here will result in first a warning, then a strike if there is a failure to comply. Strikes are community-wide and permanent on your record. The first strike results in one-day ban punishment, the second strike is three days, and the third strike is a permanent ban. Keep in mind some things can not be allowed and are considered an instant third strike. Extreme sexism, racism, harassment, or hacking are all considered an automatic third strike. Davidscloud reserves the right to permanently ban anyone without warning should the situation demand it. Please keep in mind the staff are here to help you, and if you are willing to work with us, we'll be willing to work with you to help resolve conflicts with the rules.
These rules are expected to be followed on all Davidscloud services and games.
- Members must be 13 or older to join our community. (Members joined before Dec 15, 2019, are grandfathered in)
- Show respect for other members. No harassment, flames, threats, hate speech, or any discriminatory speech will be tolerated. Saying a statement is “made as a joke” will not excuse it. If you are a victim of such behavior, get the attention of an admin immediately. Extreme cases are instant third strike.
- No hacking, attempting to hack, or joking about attempting to hack staff passwords or accounts. Do not post or share methods of cheating, exploiting, or hacking. Extreme cases are an instant third strike.
- Any attempt to purposely lag or crash a server will result in an instant third strike.
- No obscene or inappropriate names, avatars, pictures, or signatures. Do not bypass word protections (ex. @ instead of a).
- Do not spam chats, posts, or any of the services and games.
- No disrupting the community. This includes any behavior that disrupts other's ability to enjoy being a part of the community (constant raging, insults, bickering, etc.). If you have a problem with or feel harassed by another member, contact a staff member. Continued displays of toxic behavior will result in an evaluation of your place in the community and removal if necessary, or no changes to behavior are observed.
- No griefing, Griefing would be causing harm to players where it is not intended or allowed. Instances of this would vary from game to game, like joining a tribe on ark and stealing all their dinos and leaving the tribe, revealing door/chest codes, or blocking someone into a wall, etc so they can't do anything. This one is hard to make a concrete ruleset on and is up to community staff discretion on if the action is griefing or not. This rule of course would not apply in PVP instances or anarchy instances.
- Do not reveal private information about yourself, anyone else, or corporate entities. Keep your accounts, passwords, address, phone numbers, etc., to yourself. Do not ask other members for this information or try to cheat it out of them (ex. Phishing sites).
- Do not advertise other communities, servers, or third-party websites.
- Use the correct channels/forums/@admin group that is specific to your needs. Be sure to keep NSFW content in the appropriate areas only. Report server issues using !serverissue in discord. Tickets for help must be posted on the forums.
- Do not attempt to moderate or police other players yourself if you see a player breaking the rules or misusing the services PM a staff member.
- Do not openly argue with or disrespect staff. If you have a problem, use PM to resolve it. If you feel a staff member is abusive, contact a community moderator/officer/administrator by PM or send an email to [email protected]
- Do not attempt to circumvent punishment, judgment, or a ban. Do not try to get a different ruling by bugging multiple admins till one agrees with you. If you disagree with the ruling given, you can post an appeal on the forums. Not following the appropriate appeal method can result in an instant third strike.
- NSFW and Anarchy, text chats, voice channels, servers, and other davidscloud services marked NSFW or Anarchy are not subject to rules other than extreme cases or illegal content and must be posted/done in the correct areas. Extreme cases would be hacking, attacking a member verbally and or directly, and or anything that might harm the server/community. Do not join those if you are easily offended, as they are intended to be 18+ areas. They must also still follow the platform's policies like discords tos, and the offending content will be deleted. If needed, davidscloud reserves the right to make case-by-case decisions regarding reports or issues in those areas.
Legal Rules (Explained)
- Just like rule 1, you MUST be at least 13 years old to play or register on the website; therefore, you can not be allowed to play unless you're 13 years or older because we comply with COPPA. You can find out about that here: https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rul...ings/childrens-online-privacy-protection-rule
- Since we operate in Florida and all services other than discord and the website operate in Florida, you MUST have both parties consent to record voice audio. Florida is a two-party consent state. Please make sure you comply with your state's law on this and Florida law if you are using any of our servers we provide. You can find out more about Florida law on this subject here http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...ing=&URL=0900-0999/0934/Sections/0934.03.html
- To Ensure the players inside our servers and our staff team have an optimal experience, any areas not within 200ms ping of our hosting, we do not provide support and may ping limit in some instances. For example, Singapore, China, Australia, India. As anything above 200ms ping may result in worse server performance or other game-related issues. If you are in one of these countries and have a stable ping under 200, this does not apply.